I am the Lord of the Double Wand of Power; the wand of the Force of Coph Nia--but my left hand is empty, for I have crushed an Universe; & nought remains. -- Liber AL vel Legis 3:72
Vending Guidelines for 2013
Our vendors are an important part of Coph Nia and provide the opportunity for festival goers to shop for unique items that they may not have access to at home. New vendors are welcome. We have a few guidelines for vending at Coph Nia.
- Vending Permit. All vendors must purchase a vendor permit. A vendor permit costs $25 and provides 12 feet of frontage in our "Merchant's Row". This 12 feet should accommodate a 10 foot wide canopy and guy wires to hold it done.
- Vendors must be registered attendees. Vendors must register as attendees for Coph Nia. We encourage vendors to be active participants in the gathering and wish to discourage vendors from attending for the sole purpose of vending.
- Vendors must do workshifts. As attendees of Coph Nia, vendors are still expected to perform two 2 hour workshifts. Vendors have the option of proposing a workshop or other program in place of one of these workshifts.
- Electricity is not available. The campground has very limited electrical hookups. These are needed for attendees who need medical devices (i.e. CPAPs) and staff operations. There are no vending booths with electricity.
- Vendors are responsible for taxes and their own wares. Vendors are responsible for collecting any applicable sales tax. Vendors are also responsible for their property and wares. Ordo Aeternus Vovin, Inc., the staff of Coph Nia, and Our Haven cannot be held responsible for any losses that arise from vending at Coph Nia.
- Merchants provide their own "booths". These can be as elaborate or simple as you wish. Many merchants simply use a "pop-up" canopy with a couple of tables. If you're new to vending, ask some other vendors or contact us for advice.
- Prohibited Items. Vendors may not sell or barter the following: food (with the exception of preapproved food vendors), alcoholic beverages, beverages of any other kinds, tobacco, tobacco products, paraphernalia for tobacco use, firearms, other incendiary devices, and any other item prohibited by local, state or federal laws. There is absolutely no sale or bartering of tattoo, piercing, or other body modification services.
- What advertising do merchants receive?. Every vendor has the option to include a description of their booth and wares in the festival guidebook. This description will also be posted to the web site when you purchase your vendor's permit.
If you have any questions regarding the guidelines, please feel free to contact us to ask.